20% Discount Code for Paperback:
|By||Donald G. Young "Don Young" (Cranford, NJ USA)
About the Book
Sound the Trumpet: How to Blow Your Own Horn is packed with information no trumpet player should be without. The style is always friendly and often funny. Chapters are short, well-paced and enjoyable.
Whether you’re new to the world of trumpet or an experienced player who needs to bone up on your rusty skills, or beef up your recording collection, or whether you need a fun way to teach trumpet, you’ll find this book valuable and will refer to it again and again.
- pages: 308
- chapters: 25
- Overview: Chapter 0: The Chapter Everyone Skips
- Table of Contents
- Book Extras
- Sound files for Sound the Trumpet: How to Blow Your Own Horn
Learn about acquiring basic skills like:
- getting your first sounds
- listening discographies in many different genres
- lip slurs
- how to clean your horn
- how to practice
The book will also help you understand and perform advanced skills like:
- double- and triple-tonguing
- cool sound effects (growls, flutter tongue, half-valve, doits, falls, horse whinny, etc.)
- range and endurance
- many more important skills.
Extra Tools to Help You Play Better
- extensive lists of recordings in all genres (no Country trumpet recordings are included)
- extensive lists of sheet music for trumpet (divided by difficulty)
- practice tools
- some of these tools are freely available in PDF form, too.
Sound the Trumpet is also available as an eBook at a fraction of the cover price. Find links to Kindle, Nook, iPad and other eBook formats.
Sound the Trumpet was written by Jonathan Harnum, a trumpet player with over 30 years of experience and a teacher with over 15 years of experience. He's currently earning a PhD in music education at Northwestern University.
Harnum is also the author of Basic Music Theory: How to Read, Write, and Understand Written Music and the Hal Leonard book All About Trumpet .
Paperback now available in
Canada and Europe
France: Écriture claire et simple. Un bon livre pour pratiquer l'anglais.
Deutschland: Klare und einfache Schreiben. Ein gutes Buch, um Englisch zu üben.
Italia: Scrittura chiara e semplice. Un buon libro per praticare l'inglese.
España: Una escritura clara y sencilla. Un buen libro para practicar Inglés.